Exterior Window Glazing
The charm and appeal of older homes cannot be denied. They offer a distinct personality that offers a glimpse of the past and a warmth that can be missing from newer construction. While ownership of an older gem can be rewarding, there are also some maintenance jobs to consider that simply don’t exist in new homes, one of which is window glazing.
For those not “in the know”, window glazing is a process of replacing the putty compound on single pane windows that can harden over time, separating from the window, chipping or cracking, creating holes that can allow rain, snow or wind into your home.
Window glazing is a time consuming process and it requires a little skill in order to ensure both the removal and replacement of the putty go smoothly. Getting a smooth, even result with the new putty is important and affects the overall look of your windows.
A quick look at our window glazing process goes like this:
- We prep your windows by checking for rot or broken panes
- Next we remove the old, damaged putty, being careful to get it all cleared away
- Replacement of any broken panes including setting new glazing points
- Spread and smooth new glazing compound
- Thoroughly clean the area and remove any excess compound
If you have windows in need of glazing, give us a call or send us a message and we’ll be happy to discuss your project with you and offer an estimate.